Friday, April 1, 2016

DIY: MARBLE LAPTOP SKIN

When it comes to marble I honestly wouldn't consider myself sane. It's a crazy addiction. From my phone case to notebooks to kitchen counters and even a couple pieces of clothing. A while back I was thinking about buying a nice marble case for my laptop, but I decided against it because it's so easy to make! If you want a protective case, just get a clear case and you can cover it up with marble too. Here's a super simple way to create it yourself:

What you'll need:
  • marble contact paper
  • scissors
  • x-acto knife
  • paper cutter (if you're all about precision)
  • pencil/pen
Start by measuring and marking off the lengths and widths
Next cut out the rectangle with scissors or a paper cutter (don't worry about rounded edges yet)
Then check and make sure your measurements match up nice and evenly
Next you'll want to grab your x-acto knife and cut out the logo if necessary (I traced the logo onto a post-it and used it as a stencil to cut it out)
Stick it on, wipe out the air bubbles, shave off the edges, and voila :) 

4 comments: