Wednesday, April 20, 2016

TROPICAL SMOOTHIE

My new obsession from good old TJ's is frozen fruit. Its definitely a student's best friend because who has time to cut up fresh fruit in the mornings? If I'm making myself a smoothie on the weekend, I will always go for fresh organic fruit from a local farmer's market, but since I'm lazy and I put sleep before anything else {as I know everyone else like me does}, I go for the frozen goodz. The frozen fruit in this recipe can obviously be subbed out with fresh fruit, but this is one of my favorite tropical smoothie blends :)
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of diced pineapple
  • 1/2 cup of cubed mango
  • 1/2 cup of assorted berries {I have a blend of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries}
  • 2 tbsp of plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp of chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract or honey {optional for those who have plain yogurt}
  • 3-4 tbsp of Wawa-Wee organic fruit syrup
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of ice
Directions:
  • basically just add everything in a blender and turn it on then pour it in a mason jar or something and maybe add some cute straws or something yay
^^^My little sister had so much fun being my hand model and making the smoothie on my direction haha! Even though she likes berries, I'm so impressed she actually loved the smoothie since she's such a picky eater... {I bet it was the straws ;)}

3 comments:

  1. This looks so so delicious! I love your cool photos too
    Love, Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing!

    http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good sharing, for healthy purpose, Chia seeds offer the highest volume of Omega-3, as well as addition fiber (soluble and insoluble) along with vitamins or perhaps minerals you don’t usually get whenever you take sea food oil. Chia seeds giving you long lasting energy during the day moving in deep, restful sleep during the night time. May read this article about Chia seeds at:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/chia-seeds-is-the-most-extremely-versatile-superfood-and-vegetarian-supply-of-omega-3/

    ReplyDelete