Wednesday, June 22, 2016

MY BEAUTY CLEANSE

Being a huge animal activist, I've been on the path to becoming a 100% cruelty free person. I've been seriously considering going fully vegan because I'm really not comfortable supporting companies and corporations that test {i.e. bath + beauty products} or abuse their animals {i.e. milk from mistreated cows with hormones + eggs from caged hens + any kind of leather, fur, skin in general}. Personally, I've completely given up eating meat/seafood, and I rarely find myself consuming dairy or eggs. I have so much respect for those who have chosen to be completely vegan. The guideline for myself is that I'll only eat dairy/eggs if I know that they come from certified humane, organic and pasture-raised farms. Basically, the bottom line is I don't want to eat or purchase anything unless its guaranteed humane or cruelty free. I'm not going to get into the never ending list of ways that animals are mistreated, but it's so important that as a society, we are fighting the horrors that go on behind the closed doors of industries that use animal's products for consumer use or experimentation. If not participating in ending the exploitation of our earth's beautiful creatures, we must at least be aware and somehow respond, and starting with yourself is the best place to begin.

With that being said, I've completely cleansed my makeup + bathroom collection of products that are tested on animals. There are so many helpful search engines out there that can be used to verify if a certain brand is cruelty free or vegan. Some of my favorites are PetaLeaping BunnyCruelty-Free Kitty, and there are so many more helpful sites and searches out there. Of course if a particular brand isn't coming up anywhere, the brand's website is always a great place to check. Becoming cruelty-free isn't scary at all, there are so many well-known and loved brands and products out there that don't test on animals and are vegan. Here are some of the products I've gotten for my clean-out:

Some of my favorite cruelty-free makeup products
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer {must-have}
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
Carli Bybel Palette  {LOVE}
Glossier Haloscope Highlighters {my actual top favorite item at the moment}
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer Potion
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz {I call this my magic wand}
The Original BeautyBlender {love this when it's damp, it blends foundation/bb creme so flawlessly}
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen
NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme

Some of my favorite cruelty-free facial + skincare products
Burt's Bees Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser {one of my absolute favorites}
Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm
Aesop Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque
Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Everyone Lotion
Lavanila Sport Luxe Deodorant
Philosophy Amazing Grace Shampoo, Bath, & Shower Gel {I'm OBSESSED with this!!! from the 3-in-1 to the amazing smell, it's perfect}
Puracy Natural Body Wash
Lush Cosmetics Bath Bombs {can't use these right now because of Cali's drought, but I absolutely love these!}

Remember, these aren't even a tiny fraction of all the great products that you can easily substitute for brands that test on animals! I really hope this post has somewhat inspired, helped and motivated anyone to stand against animal cruelty! 

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. What a great, thought-provoking post; you're bringing importance to such an important message! this needs to bee seen and heard!! I too feel very strongly about animal rights and believe in veganism and buying cruelty free. You should keep posting amazing like this.
    Ana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing products !

    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all these products!
    Great post!
    xo.
    www.itswhatsin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these products, thanks so much for sharing! I think I'm gonna do a total overhaul of my beauty products at the end of the summer and go cruelty free, this definitely helps!

    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear this, and I'm so happy for you!! This is such a rewarding change for everyone! I'm so happy to help!!
      Love,
      R

      Delete
  5. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

    Drying Hair (Blow Dry) Course

    ReplyDelete